Waking Night Worker for Mike
Mike enjoys his nights and is looking for a fellow night owl to join his team. This is a fantastic role for the right person, as Mike is a great person to support, and there will be plenty of laughs.
Position/s: £11.53 p.h.
Salary: Waking Night Support Worker
Hours: 36 per week
Closing Date: 5th October 2023
Ref Code: CB/NC
Vacancy details & application form:
Essential for this job
Must be comfortable with lone working and personal care.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- Critical Illness cover, reassurance when you need it the most
- Life Insurance, reassurance for your family when they need it the most
- A really good mandatory induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
As a night team member, you will help Mike with his routine throughout the night being a positive support and encouraging healthier choices. This role does include some basic cooking, helping to maintain Mikes home and some personal care, whilst encouraging Mike to be involved throughout. Mike has a good sense of humour and enjoys laughing and chatting with his team. Mike’s hobbies include playing computer games, listening to a variety of music, treasure hunting, gardening, metal detecting, and watching 80’s cartoons and films. Mike likes for his team to have shared hobbies whether it be gaming or gardening, films or music, he will involve himself more if you show interest.
We are looking for someone who is collaborative even in a lone working environment, and who is keen to learn and develop so that Mike lives a fulfilled life, and you feel proud to be part of it. Shifts are 9pm to 9am and the rota is done in advance to help accommodate a good work/life fit. We are needing someone who is dependable and responsible as the team are working towards being self-directed so an element of leadership will be needed as there won’t be the traditional hierarchy normally seen in a team. That doesn’t mean there are no development opportunities. We want everyone in the team to develop and to enjoy supporting Mike and being part of this organisation.
Ideally you will:
- Have a good sense of humour
- Be highly self-motivated
- Be willing to learn and develop within your role
- Be empathetic and understanding towards others
- Be a great communicator for both Mike and the team
- Be a creative thinker
- Have similar interests to Mike
- Have good computer skills
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Are you interested in this job?
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like more information or want to know more about working for Beyond Limits, please use the Expression of Interest form below.
Apply for this job now...
You can apply with our Online Application Form or download and complete the PDF Application Form using Adobe Reader or Acrobat. You can also print and complete the PDF form by hand.
Download the PDF Application form
BL 2023 PDF Application form.pdf
Help filling in PDF forms (this link opens in new window):
Please collect the information you need to complete this form before starting. We recommend completing the form in one session.
- DBS number if you have one
- Your education history with dates
- Your employment history with dates.
Your references (only used if we offer you a job)
- Name and address of your current or most recent employer
- Name and address of Previous employer
- Name and address of Character references.