Team Leader for Michael
Tonight, the super trouper beams are gonna blind me, but I won’t feel blue, like I always do, cause somewhere in the crowd there’s you. The super douper trouper Team Leader that Michael is looking for.
Location: South Brent
Position/s: Team Leader
Salary: £22,367 (£70.00 per sleep)
Closing Date: 12th December 2022
Ref Code: AP/PM
Essential for this job
Must have a driving licence and some leadership experience is highly desirable.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
You might have guessed that Michael loves Abba and music in general. He is a cheeky, funny and mischievous man who will often greet you with a “hello”. Michael has Down Syndrome and struggles with his mobility and needs the use of a wheelchair and hoist to get around. His vocabulary is limited but once you get to know him you will better understand what he is telling you. When Michael is not in a good place he will shout and swear to make his needs heard, it is important you are the kind of person who will not take this personally. Michael needs a Team Leader who will ensure the team always do the right thing by Michael, someone who can lead from the front and be someone who will stick with Michael and his team. You might be someone who already has some leadership experience or someone looking to develop their leadership skills. Wherever you are in your career just now, we need you to be someone who is self-motivated and resilient. To support your development, we offer a range of leadership training as well as regular reflective support and supervision that will help you to become the best version of yourself, so that you can support Michael to be the best version of himself. As part of your role you will be responsible for the rota and so flexibility is a must. You will receive dedicated management hours to enable you to keep paperwork to a high standard, but above all else you must use your skills to develop the best team for Michael. Shifts are a mix of 1:1 and 2:1 including 6pm to 10pm with a sleepover finishing at 11am and the other shift being 9am until 9pm with a plan to go 9am to 10pm, sleepover finishing at 9am the next day 1:1 24/7.
Ideally you will:
- Be looking for that next step in your career
- Be someone who can see things from Michael’s perspective
- Be someone who can advocate for Michael
- Be someone who can be committed to Michael
- Have a good sense of humour
- Be flexible and reliable
- Understand that Michael’s life experiences have impacted on him
- Understand and value the input from Michael’s family
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...