Support Workers for Richard
Richard is looking for his dream team, he is still a bit short of staff and so currently it is looking more like zero degrees than the three degrees, join his team now so he can start living the dream.
Position/s: Support Workers
Salary: £9.00 per hour and £60 per sleep in
Hours: Various up to 37.5 per week
Closing Date: 7th May 2019
Ref Code: VV/JR
Essential for this job
Experience of working with people who have left long-stay hospital would be an advantage.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Richard needs a mixture of people for his team, he has a cracking sense of humour and likes a bit of banter and so he wants some humorous people but he also needs thoughtful people, people who will understand and have empathy for his situation. He wants a committed team, people he can get to know and enjoy spending time with and people who will not shy away from challenges when they arise. He loves to cook but enjoys a takeaway now and again and he is very knowledgeable about lots of different sports, Liverpool FC are his team and he is keeping a keen on the results just now. He also follows cricket and enjoys watching Yeovil and Taunton play.
Ideally you will:
- Have experience of working with people with a learning disability
- Have an understanding of Asperger Syndrome
- Work best as part of dedicated small team
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a calm and thoughtful person
- Be a resilient person, not easily phased by difficult situations
- Be emotionally strong
- Be reliable and flexible, able to work shifts including bank holidays
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...