Support Workers for Phil
Animated story telling your thing? We have just the position for you. Phil has Autism and he needs your animated story telling skills, he loves it when a story and its characters come alive, the sillier the better!
Position/s: Support Workers
Salary: 9.33 p.h plus £70 per sleepover
Hours: Various available
Closing Date: 25th August
Ref Code: RC/PG
Essential for this job
Shifts include 9am -10pm plus sleepover and 10am to 6pm you must be able to do both shift patterns.
Must have a full UK driving licence.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Phil requires support around his daily living needs and his team are supporting him to become more independent around his home. He is doing really well in this area and he has a set of goals that him and his team are working towards. When he is relaxing his likes to watch TV and he loves to watch old episodes of Coronation Street and Dallas. Phil also has a real love of old classic cars, he hopes to acquire one at some point but in the meantime he likes to visit the Haynes Motor Museum in Somerset. Phil has also been involved in raising money for charity and with the support of his team he has hosted several coffee mornings. When he is not hanging out at home, he likes to visit Paignton on the train and he loves to visit Cornwall for a pub lunch. Phil has many gifts and talents, he needs staff who can support him to reach his full potential and who can celebrate his uniqueness. He has a good sense of humour and likes to hear funny stories with funny voices to match.
Ideally you will:
- Be outgoing not afraid of making yourself look silly
- Have some experience of working with people with Autism
- Have some of the same interests as Phil
- Have a good sense of humour
- Be reliable and flexible
- Be passionate about your work
- Be self motivated
- Understand the values of inclusion
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...