Support Workers for Mike
Mike loves ThunderCats especially Lion-O. As a member of Mikes team, you don’t need to dress or roar like the ThunderCats but you do need to share their quality of being a good team player.
Position/s: Support Workers
Hours: 24 per week
Closing Date: 12th December 2022
Ref Code: CB/NC
Essential for this job
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Mike has a good sense of humour and enjoys laughing and chatting with his team. Mike’s hobbies include playing computer games, listening to a variety of music, treasure hunting, metal detecting, and watching 80’s cartoons, especially ThunderCats. Mike also enjoys spending time in his garden growing a variety of plants. Mike has 2 cats and some fish which his team support him to look after and so liking animals is essential as one cat is very affectionate. Mike is Autistic with a learning disability and needs support to understand the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ which can be challenging, but the team are there to find creative and unique ways of helping his understanding such as creating a bespoke newspaper that has helped Mike to develop and try new things. You need to be patient, positive and proactive. The 3 P’s are essential to build a good relationship with Mike. If he feels you are too bossy or disinterested, a relationship will be difficult to maintain. Mike is a really great person to support, just look at his hobbies. Wouldn’t you like to spend your days treasure hunting or spending sunny afternoons in the garden. It’s a job that doesn’t feel like a job. We are looking for those who are keen to develop so that Mike lives a fulfilled life and you feel proud to be a part of it. Shifts are 9am to 9pm and the rota is done well in advance to help accommodate a good work/life fit. There is an in-depth team induction to support you into the role and ongoing personal and professional development training.
Ideally you will:
- Have a good sense of humour
- Be highly self-motivated
- Be willing to learn and develop within your role
- Have a passion for the work we do
- Be a great communicator for Mike
- Be forward thinking
- Have similar interests to Mike
- Have good computer skills
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...