Support Workers for Mick
Mick is a young guy who recently became a father, he is currently managing his new responsibilities with his other love of wheelchair rugby and he is still somehow finding time to go to the gym!
Position/s: Support Workers
Salary: £8.30 per hour
Closing Date: 7th May 2019
Ref Code: RC/RI
Essential for this job
Full UK driving licence and access to a car
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Mick lives in Plymouth and enjoys an active lifestyle, he keeps himself fit by attending the gym and he plays for a local wheelchair rugby team. He describes himself as edgy and he has a dark sense of humour. He wants staff who can see past his disability, it is important to Mick that you speak to him and not his wheelchair. Mick has full capacity and likes to be in control of his life, he does not want staff who treat him as disabled, he has very good communication skills and is articulate and intelligent. Being treated as an equal is very important to Mick, he has a no nonsense approach to life and he wants his staff to be robust, he doesn’t want staff who are too formal or too fussy. People who share the same sense of humour and who have similar interests would be ideal, he enjoys music, including playing the guitar.
Ideally you will:
- Be a confident person
- Enjoy being active
- Not be allergic to cats, Mick has one called Lulu
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be self motivated with the ability to motivate others
- Have good IT skills
- Be reliable and flexible
- Have a good sense of humour
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...