Support Workers for Jack
Jack loves swimming, he likes to swim under the water and can hold his breath for a long time, more recently he has really enjoyed rough terrain walking and adventure areas.
Position/s: Support Workers
Salary: £17,004 p.a (pro-rata)
Hours: Various up to 37.5 per week
Closing Date: 19th July 2019
Ref Code: MT/CS
Essential for this job
Must have a UK driving licence.
A knowledge of working with someone with a brain injury and Epilepsy would be an advantage.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Jack is a young man with an endearing personality looking for inspiring and enthusiastic support workers to join his team. He loves the outdoors and enjoys trips out in his car to watch people, animals and trains. He likes to have fun and he has a great sense of humour, he wants people in his team who are similar. He loves slapstick comedy and finds it really funny when someone in his team falls over or trips up. Jack lives in his own home and he is very close to his family who are very caring and who play a vital role in his life. As part of his team you will support Jack in his own home, he isn’t keen on too much noise or being over loaded with too much information and he needs people who are patient, people who have empathy for his situation and who will take time to understand him. You should be supportive of his emotional well-being and be willing to explore fresh opportunities for Jack so that he can participate fully in society, building new friendships and being a part of his community.
Ideally you will:
- Be a positive person with a can do attitude
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Be a self motivated person
- Be a confident person
- Be a good decision maker
- Be a resilient person, someone who doesn’t give up
- Be committed to Jack even when things are difficult
- Be reliable and flexible
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...