Support Workers for Diane
Diane needs someone to work with her with the nature of a glow worm because a glow worm is never glum, how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum. Super positive and resilient? Apply now !
Position/s: Support Workers
Salary: £8.30 per hour
Hours: Full time & part time
Closing Date: 28th June 2019
Ref Code: RC/KL
Essential for this job
These positions have a “genuine occupational requirement” covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applications from females are requested.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Diane is looking for new staff, she lives in her own home in the Plymouth area and she is incredibly resourceful. She enjoys visiting car boot sales but usually has to be encouraged not to come home with too much! Diane has some mental health needs and she needs her team to be flexible but also consistent. She will test your commitment to her and so you should be someone with a good level of emotional intelligence and someone who can see past Diane’s behaviour and not take things personally. Diane has a lot of potential and with the right encouragement from those around her she is capable of achieving the great life she and her team desire for her. As part of her team you will be expected to work closely with Diane, provide her with the emotional support she needs on a daily basis and explore opportunities with her for making new positive friendships and gaining employment. Diane needs people who believe in her and who are really committed to her, people who work with Diane like this are likely to get the best from her. Diane is kind and really cares about her staff, she needs you to be a good decision maker with her best interests at the centre of everything you do. This is a real opportunity to make a genuine difference to someone else’s life.
Ideally you will:
- Be an active listener
- Be a positive person
- Be willing to try new things
- Be open-minded
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be flexible and reliable, this is important to Diane
- Have a full UK driving licence and access to a car
- Be someone who works well in a small team
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...