Support Workers for Clair
Clair is a real animal lover and her ultimate ambition in the future is to be a professional dog walker. She enjoys walks in the countryside and when having some downtime, listening to 80’s music is her first choice.
Position/s: Support Workers
Salary: £10.41 an hour (10.94 after probation)
Hours: 30 hours per week
Contract: Fixed and Casual available
Closing Date: 26th August 2022
Ref Code: KG/RE
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Clair has spent most of her life in various long stay hospitals and she is looking for team members that can support her in the next chapter of her life. She now lives in her own home in Honiton with her own staff team, she is looking for additional staff to complete her dream team.
Clair is very independent so there is minimal support required from you around the home, she does however require reassurance and support with her emotional health. Clair has Autism and at times this means she can find the world a bit confusing and frustrating. She wants her team to be a mix of male and female, to have some life experience and have a mature outlook on life.
Ideally you will:
- Have good communication skills
- Have an understanding of Autism
- Have a good deal of resilience
- Understand that Clair will take some time to trust you
- Be patient with an empathic approach
- Be able to hold boundaries
- Work well as part of a small team
- Be committed to the values of inclusion
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...