Support Worker for Team Jolly Roger
There’s no need to dread work when you are part of Team Jolly Roger. When the crew were asked why they work here, their reason is Mike, the Captain of Jolly Roger.
Position/s: Support Worker
Hours: 12 per week
Contract: Part Time
Closing Date: 4th July 2022
Ref Code: CB/NC
Essential for this job
You need to be a driver with access to your own car.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Mike is looking for a support worker with a great sense of humour. Mike’s hobbies include playing computer games, growing plants, treasure hunting, metal detecting, and watching 80’s cartoons. Mike is wanting a more personal relationship so we are looking for someone who can help support Mike with his confidence so he can socialise with others and find that special someone in his life.
Mike is autistic with a learning disability and needs support in understanding the ‘why’ and the ‘how’, but the team are there to find creative and unique ways of helping his understanding such as creating a bespoke newspaper that has helped Mike develop and try new things. Mike can become upset if he feels he is being nagged at or being over questioned about his choices, so a positive and patient approach is essential.
Shift times are 9am to 9pm and the rota is done well in advance so shifts can be changed by the team if needed.
ARRR you ready for an adventure? Apply now if you feel you could be our next crew mate. Swabbing the deck is part of the role but we draw the line at sword fighting.
Ideally you will:
- Have a good (and sometimes silly) sense of humour
- Be highly self-motivated
- Be willing to learn and develop within your role
- Have a passion for the work we do
- Be a great communicator for both Mike and the team
- Be forward thinking, willing to try new ideas and approaches
- Have similar interests or be sympathetic to Mikes
- Have good computer skills
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...