Support Workers for Richard
Richard’s team is coming along, just needs a couple more support workers to join him on his journey to independence. If you love getting out and about, enjoy sport especially cricket and football then you could make a real difference to him.
Position/s: Support Workers
Salary: £9.85 per hour plus £60 per sleep
Hours: Various available
Closing Date: 6th Dec 2019
Ref Code: VV/JR
Essential for this job
Must hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a car
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Richard is in his early forties and is living in his own home in Taunton. He needs support workers to work with him and the rest of his team, supporting him through difficult times and enjoying good times with him. Richard has a cracking sense of humour and likes a bit of banter and so he wants people who can be a good laugh. However, he also needs people who can be thoughtful and who will understand and have empathy for his situation but who can be emotionally robust to deal with the challenges he can present. He is looking to recruit people who will compliment his existing team, you will need to be highly self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile for Richard in order to establish a positive relationship with him. You will also need to be an excellent communicator with good listening skills. This job is for an experienced person, maybe you are looking to make a real difference to someone and you understand that this doesn’t come without difficulties and challenges.
Ideally you will:
- Have experience working with people with Asperger’s
- Be able to work well in a small team
- Have similar interests to Richard
- Have a good sense of humour
- Be a resilient individual
- Demonstrate a calm confident demeanor
- Be able to do shift work including weekends
- Be committed to the values of inclusion
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...