Support Worker for Nigel
Nigel is ready to pick his next stars, you will need to shine bright though as he will only take the standout ones.
(Please note Beyond Limits are acting on behalf of Nigel who has a direct payment)
Position/s: Support Workers
Salary: £11.50 p.h
Hours: 10 hours per week
Closing Date: 17th July 2020
Ref Code: DK/NH
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Nigel is a very kind and considerate man with a great sense of humour. He likes to have fun and he loves visiting the theatre and playing board games. He has Autism and his routines are very important to him, he is looking for staff that will understand this and accommodate him when he is finding things a bit difficult. Nigel knows his own mind, he doesn’t like to be rushed and he wants his home and the things that are important to him to be respected. He is looking for people who are relaxed and confident, he doesn’t want bossy and overbearing people. He likes people who are good listeners, people who know when to be quiet and listen and when to talk. Most importantly is your ability to support Nigel creatively, you should be comfortable having fun and be prepared to have a good time. Nigel wants dynamic people who are passionate about their work. He is fed up with being a recipient of care, he wants to be involved in his own life, he wants support on his terms. If you are ready for this, then he is ready for you.
Ideally you will:
- Be creative, a good problem solver
- Be passionate about working with people
- Provide support to Nigel that is good enough for your own family
- Be reliable and dependable
- Be an excellent timekeeper
- Be a happy self-motivated person
- Be calm and confident
- Like to have fun
- Understand the values of inclusion
- Be able to support Nigel to live his best life
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...