Support Worker for Laura
Cup of tea and a slice of cake, this is one of Laura’s favourite things to do and she can often be found partaking in such activities in one of the many cafes in town.
Position/s: Support Worker
Salary: £8.30 per hour
Hours: Up to 10 hours per week
Closing Date: 24th May 2019
Ref Code: MB/GM
Essential for this job
This position has a “genuine occupational requirement” covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applications from females are requested.
A good working knowledge of Epilepsy would be an advantage.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Laura is a fun loving character with a great sense of humour, she loves sharing a laugh and a joke with her team. She has a soft side as well and she is kind and sensitive and is highly passionate about animals which is reflected in the care she provides for her own pets. Laura enjoys being pampered and so an appointment at the nail bar beckons every so often and she enjoys listening to music and attending live concerts. Peter Andre was the last one she went to see which she really enjoyed. Laura needs a bit more flexibility in her team and she would benefit from a kind and caring individual, ideally you will be flexible and supportive and be able to motivate Laura to achieve the goals she has set for herself.
Ideally you will:
- Be a well organised person
- Be able to adopt a flexible approach to your work
- Have similar interests to Laura
- Work well as part of a small team
- Have good communication skills
- Be an encouraging person with good levels of empathy
- Be able to work weekends and some bank holidays
- Have good local community connections
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...