Specialist Support Worker for Richard
Anyone for Cricket? Richard loves his sport especially cricket and football and his favourite team is Liverpool. He also loves music and is a really good cook, you can expect some tasty treats as part of his team.
Position/s: Support Worker
Salary: £9.96 for FT or £10.36 Variable per hour
Hours: 15 hrs per week
Contract: Permanent or Variable
Closing Date: 30th October 2020
Ref Code: KG/JR
Essential for this job
Experience of working with people who have Autism would be an advantage.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Richard has a cracking sense of humour and likes a bit of banter so he wants his new team member to be fun. He enjoys walking daily and tries to aim to reach his 10,000 steps a day. He lives in his own home and is relatively independent, he would like to continue to build on his skills and needs someone who is able to motivate him. He wants someone who will commit to his team, someone he can get to know and enjoy and grow in confidence with. Richard has Autism and can find the world confusing at times, you will need to be patient and offer reassurance at these times.
Ideally you will:
- Have some experience of working with people with a learning disability
- Work best as part of a small dedicated team
- Have good communication skills
- Be a calm and thoughtful person
- Be resilient, not easily phased by difficult situations
- Be committed to making a difference
- Be emotionally strong
- Be reliable and flexible, able to work shifts
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...