Support Workers for Tommy
Strong coffee, scary movies and zombies? This is not a job for the faint hearted. Tommy is looking for people to hang out with who won’t judge him but who will keep him right and act as a confindant.
Position/s: Support Workers
Salary: £9.26 p.h.
Hours: 37.5 per week
Closing Date: 20th June 2021
Ref Code: VR/CL
Essential for this job
Experience of working with people who have a history of substance misuse.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Tommy is young man who is looking to add some support workers to join his team. It is a great opportunity to be part of a fresh and developing service. He is looking for staff who can support him on his journey to independence, you will need to be patient and offer support when he needs it. Tommy is clear about the type of people he is looking for, non-judgmental is key. He needs people who are up to date with current trends in music, who like to play PS4 games and he wants people with great listening skills. Tommy can engage in some risky behaviours involving substance misuse, you will need to be resilient and not take things personally. In the past Tommy has had bad experiences with support staff, he is distrustful and will take his time in developing a positive relationship with you. In time, Tommy wishes to return to education and complete a course in graphic design, part of your role will be to support him to achieve this. Tommy has a lot of strengths; he is very mannerly and well-spoken and he can show a caring side to him. He has a lot of potential; he just needs the right support around him to achieve a good life.
Ideally you will:
- Want to make a difference to someone else’s life
- Be passionate about your work
- Be a self-motivated person
- Be happy working autonomously
- Have a mature outlook on life
- Be a calm and reflective person
- Understand and practice with emotional intelligence
- Work best as part of a small dedicated team
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...