Senior Support Worker for Richard
Richard has a cracking sense of humour and loves a bit of banter, he is smart and knows Taunton like the back of his hand. He is looking forward to Liverpool FC winning the league and spending the summer watching cricket.
Position/s: Senior Support Worker
Salary: £18,360 plus £60 per sleep in
Hours: Full time
Closing Date: 7th May 2019
Ref Code: VV/JR
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Richard has recently moved into his own home in Taunton from a long stay hospital, understandably he is finding the transition a bit difficult and so he needs a motivated team around him to support him to settle in. He is looking for a great senior support worker to work alongside the team leader and lead in their absence, someone who has some previous leadership experience or someone who is ready to take the next step in their career. Richard is currently facing many challenges as he gets used to living in his new home and reconnected with his community, he needs someone who understands this and someone who can see their way to supporting him even when he isn’t at his best. He needs a strong individual, someone consistent and someone who will be there for him to deal with challenges as they arise. You should be a highly motivated individual, committed to supporting people who have experienced significant disadvantage as a result of their long-term stay in hospital. You will be a person with a positive outlook who believes in everyone’s capacity to change when they receive the support that is right for them.
Ideally you will:
- Have some leadership experience
- Be a strong and resilient individual
- Be someone who believes in people
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be a confident person, able to make decisions calmly
- Enjoy some of the same things as Richard
- Understand and have empathy for Richard’s situation
- Be flexible, able to work shifts including bank holidays
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...