Senior Support Worker for Jane
Jane is 40 years old, she lives in her own home in Plymouth with her cat, Smudge. She likes to get out and about most days, socialising, visiting family and attending the local art club and disco with friends.
Position/s: £22,288 (pro rata per annum)
Salary: Senior Support Worker
Hours: 30 hours per week
Closing Date: 26th September 2023
Ref Code: JF/LR
Vacancy details & application form:
Essential for this job
This position is a genuine occupational requirement covered under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and therefore only applications from females are requested.
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- Critical Illness cover, reassurance when you need it the most
- Life Insurance, reassurance for your family when they need it the most
- A really good mandatory induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
Jane has a dedicated support team around her but a position has become available for a Senior Support Worker. Are you looking for that next step in your career? This is a great opportunity to develop your leadership skills. You should be someone who has a real passion for support work and a desire to progress. Jane is looking for someone who is self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to develop her team. She wants someone who will be committed to her and her team, it’s difficult for her when people leave. As part of your senior role you will support the team leader, deputise in their absence and lead on initiatives and development within the team. You will spend some of your time planning rotas and making sure that Jane has the right support. Jane has Epilepsy and so it would be good if you have some experience of this but we provide full training, so if you think you are the right person, apply anyway, we offer some really good training to support both your personal and professional development. Jane is fun, with a great sense of humour, She likes arts and crafts and loves a good party and disco. She is close to her family, spends some time baby-sitting her niece and nephew. She wants to grow and develop and wants people around her who will work with her to achieve her full potential.
Ideally you will:
- Be a driver with a full licence
- Have a good sense of humour
- Have good communication skills
- Understand the importance of family
- Have some good IT skills
- Be flexible and a good timekeeper
- Have good organisational skills
- Value the principles of inclusion
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Are you interested in this job?
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like more information or want to know more about working for Beyond Limits, please use the Expression of Interest form below.
Apply for this job now...
You can apply with our Online Application Form or download and complete the PDF Application Form using Adobe Reader or Acrobat. You can also print and complete the PDF form by hand.
Download the PDF Application form
BL 2023 PDF Application form.pdf
Help filling in PDF forms (this link opens in new window):
Please collect the information you need to complete this form before starting. We recommend completing the form in one session.
- DBS number if you have one
- Your education history with dates
- Your employment history with dates.
Your references (only used if we offer you a job)
- Name and address of your current or most recent employer
- Name and address of Previous employer
- Name and address of Character references.