Support Workers for Helen
Two little ducks and legs eleven, if you recognise this then Helen wants to hear from you. She loves to visit her local community centre to play and of course, enjoys it even more when she gets a win.
Position/s: Support Workers
Salary: £9.96 p.h. plus £70 per sleep
Hours: Full and Part time available
Closing Date: 12th May 2021
Ref Code: GM/HL
Essential for this job
Must be willing to drive Helen’s mobility car
- We reward our staff with competitive salaries
- We offer an Award Winning Pension Scheme
- We have a company sick pay scheme
- Excellent annual leave allowance, including top up pay
- A really good 5 day induction
- Ongoing high quality training
- Career development opportunities
- A real chance to make a difference to someone’s life
- Become part of a ground breaking organisation
- Become a valued member of our staff
Helen is really sociable and she enjoys being out and about, she has a mobility vehicle which she uses to visit different places. She likes to have a plan of what she will be doing on any given day, sometimes this will involve her visiting her sister who she has a good relationship. Sometimes she might have a day at home using her laptop or watching movies, she also enjoys watching soaps. As part of her team you will be involved in supporting her with these various activities, ensuring her well-being is central to everything you do. If you are someone who can stick to the rules then you will work well in this team, Helen likes to feel safe and so rules and boundaries are important to her. Helen is a proud person, she likes to look nice and she likes to keep her house tidy, she needs a bit of support in these areas and so you should be an encouraging person, someone who can motivate others. Helen has experienced some difficult times in the past and so she needs people in her team who understand this and people who will support her through this. You should be someone who wants to make a difference to someone else’s life, someone who understands the values of inclusion. Helen has a volunteer job which she is looking forward to getting back to and she enjoys raising money for various charities, she has heaps of potential and needs people around her to support her to achieve this.
Ideally you will:
- Have a good sense of humour
- Have good organisational skills
- Have some experience in support work
- Be able to see passed a person’s difficulties
- Be a calm individual, a clear thinker
- Be flexible, able to work shifts
- Be resilient, not give up easily
- Do your best work as part of a small team
A DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) Check will be requested in the event of the individual being offered a position with Beyond Limits, the cost of which will be to the employee, however, this will be returned after successful completion of probation period (6 months).
For an informal conversation about this position or to contact us by email please see contact details at the bottom of this page.
Apply for this job now ...